Saturday, February 9, 2013

SNOWSTORM STAMPING

It may be snowing outside, but I'm thinking Spring!

This lily was stamped and filed in my pre-stamped folder ages ago, so I decided to finally use it on a card using my new Distress Ink Markers and an aqua painter.  After watercoloring the flower and adding black Stickles to the stamens, I set it aside to dry and cut the mats.  I found another image in the file, so I cut out the painted blossom and mounted it over the second one with dimensionals.

Next, I tied embroidery floss around the layers and mounted it to the card of white Bazzill cs with double-stick tape.  Then I made the label, added a light green gem and attached it with a tiny piece of dimensional tape.  Done!

For beginners, all you need is a flower stamp, some black ink and some markers to make a nice Spring card.

TIP:  In place of ribbon, I use embroidery floss on most of my cards.  It's less bulky for mailing, and less expensive.  With such a variety available, you can easily match the colors to your cardstocks and inks.

PS:  We got less than 6" of snow last night and have already been plowed out--YAY!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Adding the second bloom really makes this elegant! Glad you didn't get much snow or wind!

Kim S said...

Yeah on getting plowed out!! But I do like the spring time card that you created while you were watching it come down.