Thursday, February 28, 2013

LABEL DIE CLOSURE

When I saw this technique, I knew I had to take it to Mothers Class for all of us to try.  (I think it was on Pinterest.)

To start, I took the label die and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the C plate on top, but moved down a bit so that it wouldn't just cut out the label.  Instead, it enabled me to use it as a "hinge" on the card front.  Next, I cut off  enough of the right side of the front so that it would fit neatly under the tab.

After that, it was just a matter of decorating and embellishing to complete the card.  It's amazing how different each card was when we were done!

I plan to add more to the right side and the inside later.  I hope you give this one a try--it was fun!

3 comments:

Kim S said...

Pinned to my idea file!!!! Thank you.

Kim S said...

Pinned to my idea file!!!! Thank you.

Bonnie said...

What a great technique! I haven't been by for quite a while and enjoyed catching up! I keep missing your posts in my reader. I need to subscribe by email so I won't miss any. You've been busy and created some beauties! Hope you are well as well as creative.