Friday, June 30, 2017
Also on my desk was "Flowering Fields," a Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration stamp set.
For the first card, I chose a confetti card base. After attaching the panel with Fast Fuse, I stamped the circle with one of the flowers from the stamp set. Then I used colored pencils to color in the flowers and leaves, which covered up the underlying design. I then chose a bold sentiment which is stamped on the dsp strip.
The second card started with a textured white card base and the gray panel. After adding the strip of dsp on the left, I stamped and colored the flowers on a white rectangle. I used a pale yellow for the flowers, matching it to the yellow in the dsp. After tying some bakers twine around the bottom, I added the greeting on the other strip using Versafine Warm Gray to keep it soft.
This was a fun self-challenge!.
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
The dsp was just large enough to cover the oval opening, so I taped it to the back of the blue cs and mounted the panel to the white card base with dimensionals. Next I glued the dragonflies, left over from a previous card, to the panel.
The greeting is from a wavy banner set from Frantic Stamper which includes 2 banner dies. Once I attached the greeting, the card was done!
Monday, June 26, 2017
I can see I'm going to enjoy using this new set from Stampin' Up. In addition to some fun images having to do with stamping and coloring, the sentiments are also very appropriate.
After fussy cutting the scissors, I coated them with Versamark and clear EP to give them a realistic shine.
(The enlargement below is blurry, but
you get the idea.)
Sunday, June 25, 2017
These first two cards were for some of the gifts we received for our anniversary.
The daisy card (and matching envelope) was for our DIL who collaborated with our daughter in some of the decorations and also for the gifts she and our son and grandchildren gave.
This card is very appropriate in style since she decorated the table and even the cake in white on white with gold accents. Our whole family was there, including my sister from Long Island. They showered us with gifts, which are much appreciated.
I can't believe how fast the last half century has gone by!
Monday, June 12, 2017
To hold the circles together, we used glue sheets folded over, adding the eyes on top.
Scroll down for Part One of the amazing Silver Stamper visit!.
The next day, we set up the dining room table for experimenting with Color Burst. This card is one of those I made after spritzing with water, adding blue and purple CB particles and spritzing again with a water/Perfect Pearls mix. We had a visit from Joan and Joyce who dropped in to say hello to the adventurous travelers. After making some adorable caterpillar bookmarks (separate post,) we headed for lunch at the local chinese restaurant. We later returned for a game of Mexican Train (dominoes) on the back deck.
After relaxing for awhile, the next project was re-packing Sheila's car for the next leg of their journey in the morning. The trunk and back seat were packed tight, although wisely allowing the rear window to remain unblocked. Their plans are to continue to Maine where they can take the ferry to Nova Scotia, then travel back west on the Canadian side of the St. Lawrence with stops along the way. They will visit with one of Sheila's daughters before crossing back over the border to the US. Linda won't be getting home until August 5, and Sheila shortly after that in San Diego. What an amazing way to see the country!
Imagine my surprise when I saw that this week's challenge was to use Color Burst powders! HERE is the link for the challenge.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Inside, I wrote my own message:
"Birthdays are no longer about how old we are; they're all about how long we've lasted!"
I think this is very appropriate for a milestone birthday.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Monday, June 5, 2017
This card used a total of 4 dies and 2 punches. The fishtail frames are from Die-namics, and the leaves are from one PTI die snipped apart and glued in place at the stem end. One think I like to do when attaching a flower or leaf is to glue just enough to keep it on the card, but loose enough so it doesn't lay flat.
The butterfly antennae are made with blue wire and held on the back with a glue dot.
Check out the other entries for this challenge HERE.