Thursday, October 24, 2013
This is the design I came up with for Mothers Class next week.
Using scraps from our previous Christmas bargello card, we'll snip them and place them on a piece of cardstock that was run through the Xyron machine. Leaving spaces between the pieces, we'll add gold embossing powder on the remaining glue and heat. After trimming and mounting the mosaic piece to the upper left of the card, we'll color the holly sprig and gently glue it to the card, add the tag and gold or red twine bow.
UPDATE ON JACKIE: She should be home this weekend, thankfully, and plans to be in class next week. Meanwhile, one of the other moms was in the hospital with an obstruction--what are the odds of two from the same class being in the hospital with the same problem at the same time. Her issue resolved itself without any drastic measures, however; and she was released on Tuesday and in class yesterday. Thanks for all of the prayer support that I'm sure helped in their recovery!
Monday, October 21, 2013
The sun was very strong today, so this card photographed a lot brighter than in real life. It was fun making the cushion and pillows out of scrap dsp. Inside it reads "The most valuable antiques are old friends." I added that the older the antique, the more valuable. We've been friends for over 30 years.
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
Next Wednesday, the Mothers Class will be revisiting the Bargello technique which they learned last year and requested that we do again. (See Splitcoast Stampers for this technique.)
After cutting all the pieces and mounting them on a piece of white cardstock, we'll run it through the Cuttlebug with the Christmas Tree die. Using the negative space shown on this first card, we'll cut some trees from Pear Pizzaz cs to place in the opening. Students will have the choice of taping it to lie flat or using dimensionals to raise it above the background. After gluing sequins, a star and the greeting to the front of the card, we'll go to the second card.
I just love the way this came together so that none of the bargello panel was wasted.
SPECIAL NOTE: Jackie will be missing some classes because of being in the hospital. Instead of heading for a trip to Oregon to see her new grandchild as planned, she had to have emergency surgery to remove a blockage in her intestines. She was in a lot of pain and is still recovering. We're hoping she'll be out of ICU soon. Please keep her in your prayers.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
The Candy Monster is from a set I just received in the mail from Taylored Expressions, along with some orange candy dots. The matching die made this card super easy to do. The small details are colored in with Gelly Roll glitter pens. Jackie is bringing her large googlie eyes to class--they'll look much better than the small one I had on hand.
The polka dot dsp behind the circle opening is from a 12 x 12 K & Co. pad I picked up last year. (Unfortunately, it looks washed out in this photo.) It is mounted on the inside of the card to show through the die-cut circle behind the one-eyed monster. I attachd him to the card front with a piece of foam tape below the opening. Notice his green teeth, probably rotten from eating too much candy *lol*!
Should be a fun class!
Saturday, October 5, 2013
We enjoyed another sunny Indian Summer day today, so I was outdoors for quite a bit. I did manage to make three new cards for pastor, though. This is one of them.
It won't be long before all the leaves are off the trees and the days grow colder. That's the best time to stamp. Christmas cards, here I come...
I hope you all had a creative day today in honor of World Card-making Day!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
After gold embossing the leaves on vellum and coloring the back with markers, my first attempts at finding an adhesive that didn't rub off is what took all the time. I finally ran the bottom leaf through my Xyron Label Maker, but I wanted the top one to be a little looser. Nothing else worked, until I tried my TomBow Mono Glue down the center of the leaf. The acorn was done on cardstock, so it was easily adhered with a dimensional.
Please click on the image and take a closer look!
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Evelyn donated her card to the package I made up for the pastor. I had only three, so hers was the fourth. Thanks, Evelyn!
Jackie gave the camera a big smile, while Bambi finished working on hers in the background.
Kim's card came out great!
Each stamper used a different Bible verse for her card, so it was a nice variety.
Finally, the class worked on their Christmas cards. Nicole is on the left. Although she arrived late, she caught up quickly and finished all three of her cards. (We do two of the Christmas cards each week so that everyone has a nice stash by December.)
If you click on the photos, you'll see why they're called the Advanced Class!