Thursday, October 3, 2013

GUESS WHO'LL BE GETTING THIS ONE!

Although the design is simple enough, the creative process took well over an hour.  I was experimenting with the stained glass look, but it didn't come out the way I'd hoped.  (I'll give it another try later this week.)

After gold embossing the leaves on vellum and coloring the back with markers, my first attempts at finding an adhesive that didn't rub off is what took all the time.  I finally ran the bottom leaf through my Xyron Label Maker, but I wanted the top one to be a little looser.  Nothing else worked, until I tried my TomBow Mono Glue down the center of the leaf.  The acorn was done on cardstock, so it was easily adhered with a dimensional.

Please click on the image and take a closer look!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your leaves turned out beautifully! I found that using markers to color vellum was a recipe for disaster! I was using red though. What a mess I made! The twine is such a nice touch to bring out the gold in the leaves! Lovely card!

Jeanne H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Doris. (pun intended) LOL

Kim S said...

The leaves are stunning! I love that you have just wrapped with gold color - such a simple accent but perfect to showcase those leaves!