Monday, September 26, 2011

Halloween Joy Fold Card

This is one of the Halloween projects I designed for the Mothers Class. There are lots of pieces to assemble, but it should be an easy project.

The cat, pumpkin and "Eek" are stickers from a K & Co. pack I picked up at AC Moore. The bats are stickers from Jolee's Boutique. The purple gems are from Martha Stewart. The dsp is from a 12x12 pad also from K & Co. The stamp is from SU, "Hand-Penned Holidays."

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

French Foliage Thankyou

Fall is in the air, so it's time to get out the browns and oranges! This stamp set works well for any season, but is especially nice for Sept. and Oct. cards. All stamps and papers are from StampinUp! The inks are from a Kaleidacolor rainbow pad, Cappucino.


Friday, September 16, 2011

Halloween Treat Cup

Here's one of the projects we made at Technique Class last night--LOVE it!

Cyndy had all the pieces ready for us to emboss, decorate and assemble. The wings were shaped with a circle punch, embossed with the spider web ef and attached to the cone. The "bat" was then sprayed with silver Smooch, the ribbon was attached with black brads and the eyes and fangs were added. Too cute!

I plan to use this for one of the Mothers' Class projects next month.

BTW, have you signed up to follow by email? (above right)

Sunflowers #3

Last time for the sunflower stamp! (...but not in real life...) Can't wait to see what the moms do with this stamp!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunflowers #2

As you can see, I just LOVE this sunflower stamp from SU! While waiting for the sun to return and the rain to stop, I decided to make a few more cards with this giant stamp.

First, I applied watercolor crayons directly to the rubber. Then I spritzed the stamp with water and laid the paper over it. I spritzed again (lightly) and made a second print for a more subtle effect on a second card.

After cutting each image down to the size I liked, I mounted them on the cards as shown. For added interest, I stamped the bees, one in black and one in brown, cut them out and applied Stickles to the wings. While letting the Stickles dry, I assembled the cards.

I ran the edges of the first image across the brown ink pad. After mounting a yellow strip across the brown cs, I tied the embossing floss around it. Instead of using a double strand of the 2 colors, I did each separately for a different effect. After mounting the sunflower image with dimensionals, I added the sentiment and the bee. Inside, I used part of the strip I cut off for a 1/2" x 4" piece for the greeting and signature.

The second card was a bit more challenging. Since the image was so faint, I used brown ink for the bee and sentiment. The brown cs border, two-tone gems and yellow embroidery floss helped make the card "pop" after using brown ink for the splatter effect on the pale yellow card base. The completed image was mounted with thick dimensionals for a higher "lift."

The sun still isn't out, except for a brief "tease" earlier; but at least these cards make me feel a little sunnier!

Thursday, September 1, 2011


After five days of roughing it, we're very happy to have electricity once again. Our generator held up beautifully, allowing us to have foods stay cold or frozen, to watch TV, to have running water and to have one outlet for a lamp. I'm thankful for the beautiful weather that followed the storm, so we could use the grill for cooking. Also, that we had no damage to house or cars. For further deets on how we coped, check out the Fox Mountain blog.

Meanwhile, I used the sunlit hours to stamp away in the dining room. What better way is there to spend time in the aftermath of a hurricane!