Thursday, September 1, 2011

OUR POWER IS RESTORED--finally!

After five days of roughing it, we're very happy to have electricity once again. Our generator held up beautifully, allowing us to have foods stay cold or frozen, to watch TV, to have running water and to have one outlet for a lamp. I'm thankful for the beautiful weather that followed the storm, so we could use the grill for cooking. Also, that we had no damage to house or cars. For further deets on how we coped, check out the Fox Mountain blog.

Meanwhile, I used the sunlit hours to stamp away in the dining room. What better way is there to spend time in the aftermath of a hurricane!

4 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Its good to know that you are ok and that you had no damage....lovely to hear that you are back crafting...

Anne

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you came through with only your power out. We're always very happy to get hot showers back too after being without power for a long stretch. :) But at least we can take a shower. Some of our friends don't have water when their power is out, so I'm always thankful to have cold showers, rather than no showers. lol

Bev J. said...

Glad your power is back and no damage-much to be thankful for. Crafting sure helps to pass the time so aren't you glad you have a wonderful hobby.

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Oh, I am so glad, it has come back - I know the feeling when it goes off!! My computer died when I got back from India with our son, so I had to wait until I got a new computer - which was a ordeal,,, but finally am doing well - a great HP laptop and its getting there - LO is keeping me busy, but am going to do some stamping soon. Hugs always! G