Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taking It to the Top--Christmas

When I finished this card, it just seemed to be missing something; so I redid it in steps:


First, I cut off the front panel and remounted it on Cherry Cobbler cs. Then I changed the sentiment and stamped it on a Nestie label. After I sponged the edges with matching red ink, I attached it with SU dimensionals. Then I decided the label was too big for this card, so...


... I moved the label to the inside and used my oval punches for a simpler greeting. I stamped the holly and berries with peg stamps and added some sparkle with green and red Spica pens. To balance it out, I also added some black dots in the upper right corner with a black Spica pen.

BTW, Spica (brand name) pens are a great way to add subtle touches on a card. Another handy tool is the plastic grid sold for cross stitching (?), which I used for the dots in the upper right corner. I sometimes use it for dots and/or dashes around the edges.

Tip: It's amazing how some household items wind up here in the tower, like the lint roller I use for picking up stray powders or paper bits off my work space. What non-stamping items do you use? Leave a comment! (Also, don't forget to sign up for email updates up at the top.)

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful remake on your card, Doris!!!

I use an old fashioned ice pick and a ceramic cleaning tool a lot when I'm stamping. They're two of my must have tools.

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Christmas card Doris...love this image.

Anne

Mary Marsh said...

I like all 3 versions of your christmas card doris-love the chickadee image as well

The Syvertsens said...

Ooh I like these a lot

Leslie Miller said...

Very nice! Sometimes I'll try to keep it super CAS, but it never seems to work out for me. This is beautiful in any version!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for showing the evolution of this card. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing. The finished product is perfect. I can't wait to get ink on my set.

Glad you weathered the hurrican without any damage. I was thinking of you and praying for you Sunday. Having a generator is a really big help with a long power outage. We were spared any problems in our neck of the woods, but communities east of us are still waiting for power.