Monday, August 15, 2011

Three of a Kind--French Foliage


Another set I ordered was French Foliage and a pack of Certainly Celery cs. What I love most about this set is its versatility--it can be used for Spring, Summer or Fall, depending on your choice of colors.

The first card is super simple, and will lend itself to a "Taking it to the Top" challenge. Using three colors from a Kaleidacolor Fresh Greens inkpad and Certainly Celery cs, I assembled the card as shown. Check back on Thursday to see how I step it up.

Next, are two wreaths using two different leaves. I thought it appropriate to use French Script for the background on the one with the Paris cancellation mark. The other features pearls for the center with a sentiment stamped in black and embroidery floss on the fold. This one is my favorite.

Jackie and I thought this would make a great Mothers Class project in the Fall with autumn-colored inks and cardstocks.

2 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

I have just bought the French Foliage set and cant wait to use it. YOu have made some lovely card and I love the colours.

Anne

Bonnie said...

What fun! I got the French Foliage set for my birthday from a stamping friend and I love the variety of styles that it can be used for. You've given me even more inspiration!