Friday, June 30, 2017

CARDS FROM SCRAPS

 Today I decided to make two cards using the scraps on my table.   There were two panels, some dsp and two small strips.

Also on my desk was "Flowering Fields," a Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration stamp set.

For the first card, I chose a confetti card base.  After attaching the panel with Fast Fuse, I stamped the circle with one of the flowers from the stamp set.  Then I used colored pencils to color in the flowers and leaves, which covered up the underlying design.   I then chose a bold sentiment which is stamped on the dsp strip.


The second card started with a textured white card base and the gray panel.  After adding the strip of dsp on the left, I stamped and colored the flowers on a white rectangle.  I used a pale yellow for the flowers, matching it to the yellow in the dsp.  After tying some bakers twine around the bottom, I added the greeting on the other strip using Versafine Warm Gray to keep it soft.

This was a fun self-challenge!.


3 comments:

Bev J. said...

Like both cards...great self challenge!

Bonnie said...

Scraps can make pretty cards! And they use up those scraps. That's always a plus!

Leslie Miller said...

You challenged yourself and it came out just beautiful! I love using up all those little leftover parts. Can't seem to throw away the smallest scrap.