Thursday, February 28, 2013

SUNFLOWER THANK-YOU

Nothing personalizes a card like your own handwriting.  This is from a retired SU set, Summer Sunflower.

After inking the flower in yellow, I added orange ink along the edges, stamped it on white cs and cut it out.  Since this is a two-step stamping set, I used brown ink for the center and added Cinnamon Stickles over it.  While it dried, I stamped the stem and leaves, cut out the image and mounted it on the plain dsp.  Using an old pair of corner scissors, I trimmed the corners on the dsp and card base and mounted the plaid with ds tape.

After attaching the sunflower with foam tape, I hand-wrote "thanks" on the front and added my thank-you note inside.

I didn't have access to Split Coast Stampers at the time I made this, but checked it out later and found tons of ideas for this set!

TIPWhenever you need ideas on how to use a stamp or set, Split Coast Stampers is a wonderful resource.  Check it out HERE!

No comments: