Sunday, February 10, 2013

BEE HAPPY

No more snowflakes for me--I'm heading straight for Spring with all my new and old floral stamps!

This one I inked up with Fired Brick and Forest Moss Distress Ink pads and stamped it on watercolor paper.  I then took the pads and smeared some ink on an acrylic block to use as a pallet for my aqua painter.  After coloring in the leaves and flowers, I used a black marker for the centers.

To highlight the poppy seeds, I used tiny black gems from a letter set and some gold glitter for the centers.  The greeting and the gold twine finished the look I wanted.  Leaving long "tails" on the bow coordinates beautifully with the wavy die cut frame, which is mounted with dimensionals.

For a closer look at the flower centers, click on the image.


TIP:  The easiest way to cut a double frame is to put both pieces of cs down on the plate, cut out the smaller opening on both and remove the bottom cs piece.  Carefully line up the larger die around the opening in the top piece and run it through again.   Perfect every time!  The leftover centers and narrow frame can then be used for other cards.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful poppies, Doris! Thanks for the tip on cutting the frames!