Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FROM MY FILE--Peace Roses

This was a pre-stamped image I found in my file today from several years back when I stamped a whole page of them.  Although you can't tell here, I colored the main rose from another image and popped it up on this bouquet.

Since I love Peace roses, I tried to capture the color here; but it came out a bit too bold for that particular variety.  I started with a yellow marker and added pink on the edges of the petals.  Before mounting on the green cs with dimensionals, I distressed the edges of the white panel.  Then I added a generous amount of yellow Stickles to give it some sparkle.


TIP:  A fun way to add images to your collection is to get together with other stampers who each bring a variety of their newest stamps.  Using white cardstock and black ink, go to town stamping pages of images that you can use later.  Not only do you save money that way, but you also get a chance to use that one stamp you like out of a whole set!  Just be sure to allow enough space around each image for possible future die cutting.

No comments: