Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ready for Spring

With winter almost over, it's time to start stamping Spring florals!

Using two SU sets, I first stamped and colored the fern on a piece of white cs, added the purple floral dsp on the edge and ran it through my Cuttlebug leaving out the dsp.  Then I ran the card front through with a wood stripe design, but it didn't add anything to the card once the top piece was on.  So I ran it through again with the diamond design--much better.

Here's a tip If you don't like the way something looks once embossed, you CAN run it through again with something different!

QUESTION:  Has anyone had a problem with creating a watercolor background with Distress inks and water on a craft sheet?  Every time I've tried, it comes out warped and not very appealing color-wise.  None of the videos I've seen have had a problem like this.  I used this technique for the base of the flower here.  I planned to use it as a panel for another card, but it was so warped I could only punch out the flower and use it underneath the vellum overlay.



No comments: