Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baby Card

When my friend Joyce asked me to make a card for a baby shower she's attending, I headed straight to my scrap drawer!  Since pink is my least favorite color (we call it "the dreaded pink" around here) there wasn't a whole lot of it in the Tower.

Starting with a pre-scored card from a K & Company pad, I chose one with a raspberry shade and matched colors from other scraps of dsp.  (Since they're scraps from previous projects, I can't tell you where they came from:(   Next, I headed to YouTube for some ideas and, thanks to Kristina Werner, I came up with this CASE of her card.

The largest piece of scrap with the branches and flowers set the stage for the design.  I wrote "welcome" in my own handwriting and set it aside to dry.  Next, I used my circle punch to create the scallops on top.  Using a striped paper helped line everything up evenly.  Once the circles were attached with snail, I laid the large piece over it with dimensionals, covering half of the circles and, again, lining it up with the stripes below.  To give it a more feminine flair, I used my Martha Stewart edger punch, which also shows the light green print inside.

For the nest, I used the SU set "Take Care" and hand cut an egg from one of the leftover scraps.  Then I die cut the letters from a scrap of  raspberry-colored textured paper and glued them on with TomBow glue.  After adding the pink gem and pearls in the upper left-hand corner, the card was done!

No comments: