Wednesday, February 20, 2013

REVERSE EMBOSSING

Not sure if that's the term for this technique...

Using Hero Arts Poppy Background, I first inked it up with Versamark and embossed the square in white.  This left the poppies blank so they could be colored.

Although I used red markers as the media for watercoloring, the poppies look pink here.  After coloring them, I added some black and yellow in the centers of the two main blossoms.  Last, I watercolored the stems.

To mount the image, I first ran it through the Xyron machine so that I could be sure it would lay flat.  I mounted it on black cs, trimmed the edges to make it fit the card front and attached it to the card with SU dimensionals.  I made it a sympathy card to have on hand, adding the pink gems for a final touch.

4 comments:

Kim S said...

I don't know what the technique name is - but you have used it perfectly! Such a beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

I have a couple of these stamps and love the look of the embossed background with the colored flowers! The embossing really makes the pretty poppies stand out! (I would have said pop, but that seemed a little too too.)

Luci said...

How lovely!

Luci said...

How lovely!