Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter Tree


Here's the first card I've made with the other new toy that came yesterday. (See previous post.)

Using the "Twiggy Tree" die from Memory Box, I ran it through the Cuttlebug and carefully detached the tree from the die. After tearing a piece of scrap dsp and mounting both on a Soft Suede card base, I spread some Stickles "snow" along the tear. (Too bad it doesn't show up here because the sparkle really makes this card.) All I needed next was the greeting.

After stamping and embossing the greeting, I used the slot punch for both the top and the Soft Suede underneath. To make the bottom piece appear larger than the top, I punched it twice at the edge of the cs slightly more than half for each. Fitting the two pieces underneath the greeting gave it the border it needed.

Done!

4 comments:

dana said...

Good morning!!! It was so nice to spend some time catching up on your newest creations...and seeing how you got The Stamping Tower back into organized shape! I had to laugh when you said you were down to work space the size of a card. That's what my "room" looks like in the basement. When I'm in full swing "getting ready for a sale mode"...I'm stacking and slinging and digging. My work table is a mess and my cutting table is down to a tiny area that is not enough room for even my cat to spread out on! :) Creativity and total tidiness do not always go hand in hand! :)

I love your new stamps/dies combinations!! That's a great idea !

Glad you have your power back on!

Dana

Shelly said...

So lovely!

Bonnie said...

This is so striking with the stark whiteness against the Kraft! How do you adhere all those tiny branches and where do you get the Memory Box dies?

Julie Marshall said...

Love your color choices on this one. Very pretty!