Sunday, November 13, 2011

LESS IS MORE--Leaves


Using the embossing resist technique, I thought I'd try using the colors of a Royal Satin Kaleidacolor pad just to be different. After sponging on the colors, I sprayed the card with Glimmer Mist. Though it doesn't show up in the photo, it gives the card a bit of shine. I then spattered some blue ink over the open areas.

After stamping the greeting, the card was done. I must say, though, that staying with just one layer is really the hardest part of the challenge!

For more cards submitted for this challenge, go to Less Is More HERE.

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is great Doris... I love this technique!
Superb card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

I love this card. I have limited myself not to work with pink, because that is one of the first colours I would use. I love it that you used pink

Suzilou said...

Beautiful colours and great stamp. :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Doris beautiful colours

Anne

Brigitte said...

... very pretty - i love this card!!!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful! What a fabulous technique and lovely colors. :) Ann Y.

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - the colours work so well with the falling leaves! Lovely!

Bonnie said...

I love this technique and rarely use it! I think I need to remedy that! This is beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love it as a one layer card Doris! The technique is great and the splattering adds a bit of extra dimension.

Aileen said...

The emboss resist looks fab. x