Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Three of a Kind--Hero Arts Fern

Some new "toys" came in the mail today, and these are the first three cards I've made with them.

First, the one on the bottom which was stamped in light green ink on light green cs. The stamp has a matching die, so I used it to cut out the fern and mount it on contrasting dsp with dimensionals. After adding the flower, some pearls a bow and a greeting, I set it aside to make another card.

The second card is in the upper right. I inked up the stamp with Tim Holtz distress inks, first Peeled Paint and then on the edges with Tea Dye. This time I mounted it on pearlized paper over a darker dsp and added the embroidery floss, greeting and pearls.

For the third card, I stamped the fern in green and clear embossed it. Then I used the die to create the overlay, which is mounted with dimensionals over the stamped image. The little "hello" tag was stamped on silver foil paper and mounted with another dimensional. I had a green gem that matched the ink I used, so I added it to the tag.

I really enjoy using stamps with matching dies!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Dies with matching stamps really take a lot of the guesswork out. All 3 of these are beautiful!