Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stamp-a-Stack Designs




Isn't this little guy adorable?! The penguin was made using the SU owl punch with black and white cardstocks, clipping off the ears to turn the owl into a penguin.

The background paper was purchased at Hobby Lobby, as were the self-stick snow flakes. After tearing the white cs and layering it over the dsp, I used Crystal Lacquer as a glue for some chunky "snow" glitter. Then, I assembled the penguin and popped him up with a SU dimensional. The inside greeting is "Warmest Holiday Wishes" stamped in blue.

The second card is a folio card with a heart theme. A piece of 4 1/4 x 11 cs, scored at 5 1/2 and 6 1/2, has the saying as its main image. For the left fold, a 2" strip of dsp covers the folded portion, and a piece of red embroidery floss is wrapped around the inside fold. I chose a holly dsp (not shown here) to coordinate with the heart stamp on the front.

Inside, the greeting from SU was stamped on the same cs as the sentiment on the front and cut to fit. I punched a heart from a piece of red velvet cs I had in my stash.

I'll be hosting this workshop next Saturday, and I think the class will enjoy making these!

Here's a tip: For times when I want to use a tiny gem, such as the red ones shown on the second card, I cut them from a lettering set purchased from the sticker aisle of our local craft stores. They come in clear, black, red, light blue and pink. The red ones make great berries and the black ones work well with eyes for birds!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Doris - what a fantastic group of cards! I particularly like the top one. It's a great idea to make a cute penguin using the owl punch and I love the snowy scene you've set him in.

Bonnie said...

I think they will enjoy these cards! Wish I could be there!

Julie Marshall said...

Love the DSP you used on the second card. So pretty.