Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mothers Class Christmas Card #4


This card was made with an angel stamp from last year that I never used and a new sentiment stamp I bought last week at Hobby Lobby. The challenge was to keep it simple with no embellishments as a reflection of the simple birth of our Saviour. After some experimenting, here's what I finally came up with.

First, I stamped the angel with Versamark ink, filling in the upper left corner of the Garden Green cs. To avoid covering up the angel too much and keep it balanced, I stamped the sentiment lower and to the right using black ink. I then sponged the edges of the cs with Garden Green ink.

After also sponging the edges of a piece of K&Co. dsp with the same ink, I taped it to the front of a plain white card. Then I mounted the finished image over it with dimensionals.

Although I'm happy with the design of this card, I think I'll try it in a lighter color to make the sentiment easier to read. Maybe a blue?

(Check back later for the follow-up. I plan on doing a few different versions and having a vote.)

No comments: