Monday, May 7, 2012

TOPSY-TURVY SPRING

This is the card I came up with for the Topsy Turvy challenge on the Hero Arts blog HERE. (See May 1st post.)  The idea is to use word stamps in ways other than the greeting, so I used it as sun rays for Spring.

The flower was done with quilling, and the grass is torn cardstock.  Pretty simple!  (Although I have tons of Hero Arts stamps I could have used, this one is from Purple Daisy Designs.)  The card base is kraft cardstock.

Here in NJ, the Spring weather seems to be topsy-turvy with April being sunny and above average temps and May being rainy, damp and dreary.  Maybe that's what drew me to this challenge???

7 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Boy, I hear you. MN weather is that way too. Love your sunny flower. tfs

Anonymous said...

This is such a happy card! Love the quilling. Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero! :)

Tina said...

Such a cute card, Doris! Love how you created the `sky`! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Melissa Shea said...

Lovely card! I keep wanting to try out quilling, it looks so fun! I love the texture of the ripped card stock for hills and how you created the background! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Linda said...

I just love everything baout this card! The texture of the hills, the quilled flower petals, the stamped 'sun rays'--everything!

Thank you for playing with our challenge!

Good Luck!

Linda
A Blog Named Hero

Mary Dawn said...

adorable card! thanks for playing along with our Challenge #3 at A Blog Named Hero

Kristen said...

love the quilling - i haven't done it in awhile, and i really should - this looks so good!

xo, Kristina
visiting from a blog named hero challenge
Stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com