Friday, May 25, 2012

ACETATE ART

I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO CLEAN OFF MY STAMPING TABLE!!!

One of the things I found was a fresh piece of acetate just waiting to be used.  I stamped the Hero Arts Large Flower background stamp in Versamark and embossed it in black.  Then the fun began:

First, I cut it down to highlight two of the blossoms.  Then I colored on the backs with Sharpie pens, one blue and one red, with bright green leaves.  Then I chose some background papers that would look best.  I mounted the acetate on the dsp with invisible Vellum Tape, which really IS invisible!

Next, I wrapped some embroidery floss around each one.  For the Thanks card, I added a pewter brad in the lower left corner and rounded the upper right corner before attaching the finished piece to the card.  I also rounded the corners on the underlying dsp and card base.  For the red one, I mounted the image on black cs before attaching to the dsp/card base with dimensionals.  Last, I added 3 red Hero Arts blossom gems.

Making these cards was much simpler than I expected, in fact it was downright fun!  The clear sheets I used are from a pad of Grafix Dura-Lar overlays for overhead projectors.  I think it's heavier and clearer than actual acetate would be, which may be why it was so easy to use.  The pad is 25 sheets of  9x12"  medium weight transparencies which I purchased in the art section at Michaels.

I think I like the blue one best because of the way the striped dsp shows through the blossom.  (Don't forget to click for a closer view.)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Acetate is so difficult to work with. I'll have to look for these sheets in case I want to tackle that medium again. These are so pretty they make me want to try it.

Lynette said...

Very pretty, and what a great idea to use the patterned paper behind them!