Monday, May 21, 2012

SAME STAMP, DIFFERENT LOOK

I'm lovin' this Hero Arts Large Flower background stamp, as you can see from my previous post!

Utilizing scraps on my table once again, I started with the large piece of  kraft cs.   After embossing in white, I trimmed it down to make it even.  Then I colored in the blossoms and leaves with SU markers (Baroque Burgundy and Mellow Moss.)  The green corrugated paper was laying on my table with a circle cut that didn't quite go through, which is probably why I  left it laying there.  Since the circle wouldn't show, I simply mounted the floral piece with double stick tape and wrapped the red embroidery floss around the left side.  Then I attached it to the card with double stick tape so that it wouldn't be too thick for mailing.

For the greeting, I had a small piece of dsp on which I stamped in dark green ink and punched it out  with an oval punch.  Another scrap of green was used for the scalloped oval.  I mounted them on the card front with dimensionals.  The fun part was in the embellishments adding silver, pearl, crystal and olive green gemstones to the front.  (Click on photo for a closer look.)

Simply changing the greeting could also have turned this into a Christmas card!


No comments: