Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello Note Card

Here's a simple little note card that I may just use for an extra project this Wednesday at the Mothers Class.

First, I stamped the flower in India Ink black and colored it with a watercolor brush using Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Inks.  Using an acrylic ruler and a black SU marker, I drew two boxes around the flower.  I darkened the inside box for contrast around the petals, then drew wavy lines and dots in the "frame" for added interest.  (Click on photo for a closer view.)

Next, I wrote the "hello" free hand and embellished the flower center with yellow Stickles.

Finally, I cut off some of the bottom to make the card a square and rounded the corners.  I plan to show the class how to alter a large envelope to accommodate a smaller card as shown HERE.


2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is really a pretty card Doris-I love the coloring on your image-have never used distress inks to color with-it looks great

Bonnie said...

Very pretty, Doris! Shading the area around the flower in black really makes it pop and the doodles in the frame are fun.