Monday, May 21, 2012

ANOTHER LARGE FLOWER DESIGN

So many possibilities with this stamp!  First, I stamped and embossed in white on a burgundy dsp sheet that had a raised criss-cross design.  To make the design show up, I painted the flowers with a mix of opaque white color mist and white glimmer mist using a paint brush and acrylic block for a palette. (Click on the photo for a closer look.)  The leaves are colored in with a SU  Forest Foliage marker.

For the next layer, I stamped on green with Versamark and clear embossed.  For the white layer, I reinked the stamped in CMH Garden Green, which barely shows up so as not to make the card look too busy.

For the shapes, I used three Nestabilities label dies.  On the white, I cut above the fold to form the card base and sponged the edges with VersaFine Olympia Green.  On the green, I cut and then embossed the edges.  On the top layer, I just cut one section of the stamped area.  The greeting is stamped in Olympia Green on white and mounted on a scalloped piece of the same dsp used for the white embossed image.

To assemble the card, I taped the top layer to the green layer and tied green embroidery floss around them.  Then I attached them to the card base with SU dimensionals and did the same with the greeting.  For embellishment, I added just the 4 crystal gems on the lower left corner of the green.

No comments: