Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Stamps!

Yesterday I stopped in at Hobby Lobby to pick out a numbering set, and here's what I came out with.  Not only does it have numbers in a variety of styles and sizes, but it also has some bar codes for the back of my cards!  The narrow bar code says "expensive"--very appropriate for all of us who create cards, dontcha think???
The card I made started out with a white side-fold base with the top piece cut shorter than the inside.  Since I wanted to use blue and yellow (avoiding red and green after Christmas) I found this yellow floral dsp in my scrap box and worked with it.  After mounting it on the card base with dimensionals, I glued on the "happy" die cut and stamped the numbers individually onto a piece of white scrap.  Stamping them one at a time allowed me to fit them closer together.  Next, I added the gems and rounded the top right corners.  To make the cardfront stand out better, I glued a strip of the same dsp on the inside to serve as a border.

This should make a nice notecard during the month of January. 

TIP:  When gluing down delicate thin pieces like this word die cut, I use TomBow Mono glue.  First, I put tiny dots on the back at the widest spots.  After mounting it on the card and letting it dry, I place a dot of glue on a piece of scrap and gently slide it underneath any loose spots.  This applies the smallest amount of glue so that it doesn't ooze out all over the front.


Bonnie said...

I love blue and yellow together and is perfect for this time of year! Thanks for the tip on gluing the words! That's always tricky!

Susan Raihala said...

What a happy, springy card for a gray and wet morning! And thanks so much for the glue're a genius!