Sunday, January 12, 2014

MY FAVORITE STAMP

This is my favorite stamp for 2 reasons:  one because it's just a natural backdrop for so many themes and two because my dad gave it to me many years ago.  So here it is for another pastor card this week!

First, I stamped the tree on a white panel and then stamped twice more without re-inking.  I used Versafine Olympia Green ink and a brown marker on top.  I stamped the top again on a scrap and used Chestnut Roan for the verse over it.  I had a tree brad in my stash that I added.

After punching a hole in the top left corner, I added some gold twine and mounted the layers as shown.  Since the tree panel is mounted with dimensionals, the verse is attached with dimensionals on the right side only so they would both be the same height.

This is one of those cards that just "evolves" as you go along, and I love how it turned out!

BTW, did you notice that the last few pastor cards had a woodsy theme?  I didn't realize it until this post, so I guess that trees must symbolize strength to my way of thinking...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You can't go wrong with a tree! At least that's what DH says! This is a wonderful tree and I love how you've stamped it subtly on the sentiment piece too!