Friday, January 24, 2014

I WON! I WON!

Hero Arts Online Classes on Stenciling drew winners from comments left on their blogs, and I was one of them--YAY!  Classes started today, so I wasted no time in putting the new information to good use on this card.

Since I don't have any stencils, I made one of my own from a Martha Stewart stars punch and a scrap piece of cardstock.  After sponging the stars onto the white panel, I added the "Birthday" die cut, the "wishes" and some extra stars from a small punch.  The embossed zig-zag line on the bottom is from a Sizzix border ef.  Now that it's mounted on a card front, I'm entering it in the Sweet and Sassy challenge HERE!

I'm on a roll!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I love your stenciled card, Doris. So pretty! I've been making some of my own stencils with punches and heavy duty plastic packaging. I make sure I round the corners on the plastic, so it doesn't cut me. I've only used the stencils for journals, but after seeing your card I realize I need to try some cards too.

Congratulations on winning the class!!! Sounds like a good one. Blessings and hugs!!!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Doris! What a great idea for making your own stencils!

Giovana said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining our first Friday Feature Challenge!!

Susie said...

Terrific birthday greeting card, Doris! Creating stencils are so much fun aren't they? Job well done! Thank you so much for joining in with the Friday Feature Challenge!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Love the layout and design! Congrats on winning!

:-)