Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BRRR...

I've used this Greenhouse Society stamp set for several cards, and every one of them has turned out great!  It looks so realistic, and even has lines for where to place the Stickles or glitter for the snow.

The image is stamped with Versafine Smokey Gray ink on Very Vanilla and then torn along the bottom.  Before coloring it in, I glued it to a piece of gray textured cs; then glued both to the card front.  Usually I would mount it with dimensionals, but this time I must confess that I had to cover up my first attempt at stamping it directly on the card.  Then I added the jute on the left.

The berries were colored with an orange glitter pen and the "snow" added,  working from left to right so as not to smear the ink or Stickles with my right hand. 

The Bible verse was stamped in the same Versafine ink directly on the card, and I was sooo happy that it stamped straight!


(The stamp set is from Technique Tuesday and the Bible verse is from Our Daily Bread Designs.)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Another wonderful Pastor's card! Perfect for this time of year!

Shelly said...

Your card is lovely, Doris. That is indeed a beautiful stamp and so nice that they included the lines for the "Snow" placement.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty. Love the bible verse and the sweet image. The torn edge looks great.