Monday, January 14, 2013

MOMS CLUB VALENTINE

What to do with so many ideas?  Put them all on one card!  Here's what I came up with for the Valentine class next month.

Starting with a chocolatey base of SU Early Espresso cs cut the long way, I folded it in half and then half again on the front to form a "Z fold" card. Then I decorated the front with various sized hearts--a great way to use up patterns from the scrap drawer!  I stamped the sentiment in red, cut it square and attached it to the front (left side only!)

Next I used the slot punch to create slits for the tube of  M&Ms which is inserted at the top and bottom and secured on the back with Scotch tape.  After adding the red and white bakers twine to keep the folded half closed, I cut a piece of dsp to fit the right side (4 x 5 1/4".)  I used the SU scalloped oval punch for the background of the inside message which is made using Memory Box alphabet dies and a quilled heart.
Finally, I slipped the large red heart under the candy tube and added a small heart-felt felt heart so there would be something decorative there after the candy is removed.

With so many steps for the card, this should take the class awhile to make.  They'll be making one for each child with a handmade envelope to present in person.  With such a thick tube inside, it won't be postage friendly...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

How fun!!!

Judy said...

so cute, what a great treat....