Sunday, January 27, 2013

French Script for a French Friend

This is a duplicate of the card I made for Lucienne's birthday.  Since she is a French lady, I began with French Script which is inked up with 3 Distress Ink colors and spritzed with water before stamping on a white panel.  After sponging the edges with Forest Moss DI, I mounted the panel on the green card with dimensionals.

Next, I pulled out a favorite Hero Arts clear set (Big and Small Flowers) and stamped the flower in Wild Honey DI then colored it using my aqua painter with ink that I dabbed on my acrylic block.  Once I finished painting the blossom, I ran it through my CB in a Swiss Dots ef.  To complete the flower, I used some green scraps for the stem and leaves, gluing the stem down with TomBow Multi Glue.  After stamping the leaves with green ink and shading them with my aqua painter, I cut them out.  To attach them to the card, I folded them and added glue to just one side.  This was a great way to add some dimension!

Meanwhile, back at the flower, I used my Epiphany Crafts button maker and a piece of blue scrap dsp.  Instead of threading the embroidery floss through the tiny holes, I made a bow and attached it to the button with a glue dot.  I used another glue dot to add it to the flower.  The greeting was stamped with green ink, punched out, taped to the scalloped oval and attached with dimensionals.  Last, I used a variety of gems and pearls for the final embellishments.

Lucienne loved the card and the daisies I hand-delivered!




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a big, pretty flower, Doris! Sweet background too! I'm sure she loved it!