Thursday, June 21, 2012

Triplets

Ever try to find a card for triplets at your card store?  One of my friends tried, to no avail; so she asked me to make one.  Here's what I came up with.

Since I don't have many baby stamps in my stash, I used these diaper pins and "welcome baby" from the Short and Sweet set.  I stamped them in the openings, used markers to color the pins and added crystal lacquer.  Then I used a silver pen over the metal parts.

Without a "triplets" stamp, I improvised by stamping the greeting three times, twice in blue and once in pink, for the two boys and one girl that were born.

Inside I stamped "Count your blessings, name them one by one."  I used the tiny daisy flower from my peg stamp collection on the front and also on the inside.

After adding three strands of embroidery floss and attaching to the card base with dimensionals,  I added some pearls and tiny silver embellishments.


(For a closer look at the shine and embellishments, click on the photo.)

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

I love that everything you used on this card is 'not new' - I remember all those stamps and that embossing folder! Clever idea for triplets!

Bonnie said...

How clever, Doris! I love the little diaper pins and the embossing!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the three little safety pins in the recesses Doris. Funnily enough, I have brads in recesses on my blog today but I promise I didn't see your card first!

Melissa said...

I love those little safety pins too! So cute! I've never gone looking for a triplets card, but it probably IS a bit hard to find! You've made a perfect one!!!