Sunday, June 24, 2012

CASEing the Ipad #5

I've had this stamp set a long time, but never really put it to good use--that is until I saw this card Melissa posted on her blog HERE (6/23/12 post.)

There are only a few subtle changes:  the Sizzix folder, the shadow I placed under the tree, the darker strips on the top and bottom.  I also inked the edges of the oval with the same Peeled Paint Distress ink I used on the leaves of the tree. 

For the button, I used a scrap of tan paper, stamped  woodgrain on it and punched it out with my new Epiphany Crafts button maker.

Thanks, Melissa, for the inspiration!


(The stampset used is "Thoughts and Prayers" by StampinUp.)


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Doris, thanks for the mention here on your blog! I'm so happy I could inspire someone to use their stash! :) This tree is such a beauty and I hadn't used it for quite some time either!!

Love your version of this! That embossing pattern is perfect for it!!

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite stamps,Doris! I've never put it in an oval before. After seeing this, I think the next time I use it, I'll get out the ovals.