Friday, June 8, 2012

CASEing the Ipad--#4

As soon as I saw this card on Simple & Sincere (May 24th post) I knew it would be just right for my grandson's graduation card!

Changing to Northwest Christian School colors of blue and gold,  I followed the guidelines I just taught at Mothers Class for masculine cards:

texture
deep colors
bold lettering
metallic embellishments and
no bows or ribbons!

After running some cs through the Cuttlebug with a rick-rack die, I attached them to the bottom of a white panel and trimmed the excess.  Using dark blue ink, I stamped the Congrats just above the rick-rack.  Then I used a Sizzix die for the stars and added a gold star in the center of the large one and mounted them on the panel.  After running the yellow card base through the CB with an embossing folder, I tied gold cording and navy embroidery floss around the top-fold card.  After attaching the complete white panel to the card, it is now ready to give on graduation night.

Thank you Jen for such a great idea!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love that rick rack and stars, Doris! I'm sure your grandson will love it!