Tuesday, June 12, 2012

THREE OF A KIND--Poinsettia





The easiest version of this card was to stamp in Versamark and use gold embossing for the flower and plain black ink for the greeting.  The clean and simple look was enhanced by mounting the image on red cs, adding just three tiny gold gems and rounding the one corner.



Next I tried inking the stamp with red and green markers, cutting it out with an oval Nestabilities die and coloring the flowers with chalk.  I used Versamark on the light green cs as a background and stamped the greeting in black over it.  To finish, I sponged green ink on the edges of the oval, added an embroidery floss bow and mounted it to the card with dimensionals.





For the third card, I tried using markers again but left the flower plain.  Instead of sponging, I ran the oval through the CB to add an embossed edge.  For finishing, I used  gold twine for the bow and mounted the oval to the dark red background piece with dimensionals.  After creating the background with Versamark and stamping the greeting in black, I attached the Poinsettia to the kraft card with ds tape..


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Doris, I am so loving this stamp! And I got the Holiday catalog that's coming out soon and there are a ton more that I love. I'm going to have to choose and I hate making decisions. But this one is still tops I think. Wish you lived down the street!

Kim S said...

I love your rounded edges! I love all three, but your first one is my favorite - such a simple color scheme and so very elegant.