Monday, June 4, 2012

SUN AND RAIN




One embossing folder, two different looks!

The sunny card started with a blue cs base.  The rays were embossed and colored by gently rubbing with a yellow ink pad.

After stamping grass along the bottom, I used my peg stamps to add bright summer flowers.  The tag stamp was inked with markers so that the flower would match the others and punched out with the corresponding SU punch.  With the blue embroidery floss in place, I attached the tag with a dimensional and mounted the "scene" onto the card base.

For the rainbow card, I streaked the beams with a Soft Stone ink pad to look like rain.  The cloud is also edged and streaked with the same pad.  The rainbow was done with Sharpie markers on a piece of acetate, cut and attached with invisible tape.  Since I wanted the cloud to extend beyond the top of the card, I cut a strip off the bottom so that it would fit in the envelope.  Then I stamped the message on white cardstock and cut it in two sections in an irregular shape.  I had some striped paper in my scrap drawer which was just right for the card, so I taped each saying onto larger pieces and trimmed it with scissors.  The stamp is from an Inkadinkado set of "Kid Quotes" entitled "Friendly Advice."  This quote was from Alyssa Knight, age 12 (credited on the inside of the card.)  Sounds like good advice to me!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

How cool that you can use this embossing folder for sunbeams or rain showers! I love the child's quote. Out of the mouths of babes comes so much sense.

Kim S said...

I love the idea of the flowers underneath the sun - how creative!! I think I have the folder and am going to have to CASE!