Sunday, June 3, 2012
CASEing the Catalogs--Floral set
First, I found a large scrap of pale green cs which I cut down to 4 x 5 1/4". I stamped the Filigre background in Soft Stone ink and distressed the edges of the paper. Since it's a fairly heavy cs, slightly textured, the edges "fluffed" up nicely. I then inked the edges with Soft Stone and taped it to the white card base.
Next, I stamped the leaf from the Fabulous Florets set onto a piece of white cs using Peeled Paint Distress Ink and cut it off-center with a Nestabilities label die. Then I spritzed it with a gray marker and laid it aside while I stamped the flower with Brilliance Pearlescent Purple, cut it out by hand and attached it with a SU dimensional. The butterfly is from a piece of scrap that I die cut with the Embosslits Beautiful Wings and attached with a glue dot under the right wing. The banner is stamped, cut out, curved with my bone folder and attached with another glue dot just to the right of the green gems.
Finally, I mounted the label to the card with dimensionals. Although there were quite a few steps to this card, it was very easy to do.