Monday, July 15, 2013
Summer Card Camp Week 2/day 1
Every time I try to use my Distress Inks and craft sheet to do a watercolor effect, it fizzles. Haven't figured out why yet! After toying with this card for about an hour (it was 95 degrees outside anyway) I finally finished with a card I like.
It was so easy at first when I cut out the scalloped card shape with my Nestabilities die, then die cut the dsp with a circle. I chose not to cut it straight at the top so that it would emphasize the complete circle.
Next I got out my craft sheet, Distress Inks and watercolor paper; and then the fun began. I clear embossed the butterflies; but when I tried to apply the ink, somehow it didn't take as well as it did in the class video. Had I done the embossed resist on regular cs and sponged the ink, it would have been fine. Rather than scrap it, I decided to cover it as much as possible. The Sizzlet butterflies served my purpose perfectly.
Instead of using vellum, I stamped the greeting on a scrap of Very Vanilla cs, cut it narrow and added the dots with a brown Distress Ink marker to coordinate with the dots in the dsp. After adding gems on the bodies, I'm now happy with the results. Whew!