Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Card Camp Week 3/Day 2

The color combo for this week is two shades of purple, two shades of brown and turquoise--not a favorite combination for me.  However, it does make me stretch!  This card features a new stamp set from Paper Trey Ink which arrived here yesterday.  I also ordered the matching dies, so of course I'll never need another floral set (HA!)

I started by stamping in white ink on Crumb Cake cs, then overstamping the blossoms in purple.  After stamping the inner lines of the flowers, I highlighted the centers with a light turquoise marker.  The sentiment is from the same set, and I stamped it in Wisteria chalk ink.

Once I established the colors needed for this challenge, I added the dots around the leaves and stems with a Picket Fence Distress ink marker.  One word of caution:  when you first apply the pen to the paper, it looks blank for a minute or so until the white appears.  At first I thought it was out of ink; but it just takes time to show up.

The colors on this card look a little stronger in real life, but I think it would be much better on a darker Kraft cs.

 Since this card was too pale for me, however, I cut it down and remounted it on an Early Espresso z-card.

Before attaching the front panel, I ran the left side of the "z" through a Cuttlebug folder for added interest.  I also edged the sides of the panel with my turquoise marker.  (Part of the problem with this card is the camera shot itself.  It's not this pale IRL.)

If you click on the photos to enlarge, you can see the details and colors much better.


No comments: