Tuesday, July 2, 2013

LOVE BIRDS

I finally got around to trying this new die from Impression Obsession that I picked up at the Allentown Stamp Show.  It seems I never have an Anniversary card handy when I need one, so now I do!

First, I ran the die through on green dsp for the branch, and again for the birds and hearts.  Next, I ran a piece of scrap Confetti cs for the tree trunk and ripped the one side to make it look rough.  After attaching the branch with TomBow mono glue, I perched the birds on the branch with dimensionals.  The hearts were added with mono glue.

For the sentiment, I used an old wooden Hero Arts stamp and Adirondack "Denim" dye ink.  Not wanting to take chances on the greeting coming out crooked, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  Last, I rounded the bottom right corner.

Except for the white card base, this card was made using all scraps!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this, Doris! I especially love how you've done the tree! I'll have to remember that trick. Since it was all made from scraps, you should take it to Pixie's Playground http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

Kerri C. said...

Love this card! Thanks for sending me over to check out your blog. Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

I love IO stamps and I shouldn't be surprised they have wonderful dies, too, but this is the first I've heard of them. Oh, there are so many fun things to be had and to choose from Very cute card, Doris!