Saturday, July 13, 2013

ANOTHER COLOR COMBO

The assignment at Card Camp for this weekend was to choose another color combination and make a new card.  Since my Simon Says Stamp order arrived this week, I decided to make use of the solid leaf die, the "Oh Happy Day"die, and the coordinating stamp set.

First, I used the solid leaf die to cut the side of the card and a strip of the striped dsp.  To assemble the colorful "vine" on the right, I mounted a piece of white cs on the inside of the front so that I would have something behind the cutout to attach the striped dsp to.  Then I attached the leaf outline piece using TomBow Mono glue at various points.  Using the same color green cs, I cut the "Happy" from the word die and stamped "birthday" from the stamp set (in black.)

For embellishment, I strategically placed a few tiny gems, pearls and Hero Arts flower gems along the vine.  Using dies on a card sure does simplify things!


5 comments:

slang said...

This card is beautiful. Love the leaves.

Annie Wills said...

Love this...great work!

Pam from Maine said...

Love the patterned papers behind the leaves. It adds a lot of interest. Nice idea!

Bonnie said...

Love the way you did the leaves this time. This would work well for a guy.

Heidi Crowl said...

Wow! You bring beautiful life to these dies! Love your work! Fun seeing you in class :)