Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vellum Snowflake


This card using vellum was inspired by a Nov. 2nd post on Cat's Creations (here) and I just had to try it! Instead of a snowman, I white embossed a snowflake from a SU set.

The vellum is folded over a piece of Very Vanilla cs and secured on the back with double stick tape. After placing a clear gem in the center, I added a glue dot behind it for extra hold. I then added a strip of white cs that was punched with a Martha Steward lace edge. I attached the green cs and sheer ribbon to the Very Vanilla card base and mounted the snowflake piece with dimensionals.

What appealed to me about Cat's card was that the vellum covered a separate piece attached over the card front, making it easier to hide the tape and glue dot.

6 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is gorgeous Doris! LOVE how you did the snowflake and the vellum overlay is perfect touch!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Oh Doris, Love your card, and thank you for giving me a boost and encouragement, it means a lot! I am getting there slowly but surely! Hugs always! G

Bonnie said...

Doris, this is GORGEOUS!!!! I hope I can remember the details long enough to CASE it!

LeAnne said...

So VERY pretty!

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card and snowflake-so pretty on the vellum.

Julie Marshall said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I'm sure glad you did. Love your work and your pictures. I'm heading over to your other Blog now to check out your adventures!

This card is gorgeous! TFS.