Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snowfall Instead of Fall Leaves


This is my first attempt at CASEing a beautiful Fall card done by Julie Marshall, posted on Oct. 15th, here, but it still needs some tweaking. I think I'd like mine better with a few less snowflakes next time.

I started with stamping a portion of French Script on the lower left of the white piece, then spritzing some blue ink diagonally across with a blow pen. Next, I gently pressed a light tan ink pad on the right side. Using various shades of blue inks, I stamped snowflakes of assorted sizes. The white ribbon was tied around the first layer only, the white panel was attached to the very vanilla panel with ds tape, and both were mounted on the blue cardstock with dimensionals.

The sleigh bell was punched out of blue foil paper with a Martha Stewart punch I just bought yesterday and added over the white ribbon with a dimensional. For the final touch, I added some Ice Stickles to the center of each snowflake.

In a way, it's certainly appropriate to swap out leaves for snowflakes since no two are alike and they both fall from the sky! (Unfortunately, they also both have to be removed from yards and driveways.)

1 comment:

Julie Marshall said...

I love your version! Very clever to use the stamp pad vs the clear block. It has the same visual effect. The blues are beautiful and I like the hints of French Script. The bell punch is a cute addition (my mom now wants that ;) I'm flattered for the CASE. TFS.