Sunday, November 21, 2010

Give Thanks


Although it looks gray here (probably because of the gray skies today) this card is on Crumb Cake cardstock from SU. I pulled out a folder of pre-stamped images from last year and used the indian corn as my starting point. After coloring it with markers and cutting it out, I turned to Anna Wight's "Give Thanks" set for the sentiment.

A striped dsp border, a Martha Stewart border punch, some rafia from my stash and embroidery floss inside (above the striped paper) and on top all added to the Fall look. Three dot sparklers from Stampendous provide a little bling that is also postage friendly.

Among my reasons to be thankful are all my stamps and supplies that not only bring me great pleasure as I create with them, but also bring blessing to those who receive them. It seems letter writing has become a lost art in this day of texting and emailing! However, that's what makes getting a card so much more special.

If I had to name the one thing for which I am most thankful, it would have to be the greatest blessing the Lord has ever given me--salvation in Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice....you gave the stamps beauty. I wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

OOooh, this is lovely!!!

dana said...

It is such a gift to receive a card someone has made....this one is wonderful! I love it's simplicity!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours....have a safe trip! dana