Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn Corn Stalks


One of the things I like about this time of year is that, once the field corn has been harvested, the fields are cleared and you can enjoy the wide open spaces again. What was once vibrant green has turned brown and been chopped up for silage for the local dairy farms. That's the look I tried to capture here.

I used colored pencils for this card, with added sparkle on the corn, tassels and weeds below. Spica pens provide the fine glitter--I highly recommend them! (If you click to enlarge and then click a second time, you can see the effect.)

1 comment:

dana said...

You SO captured the beauty of the Harvest with this card! This fall season is FLYING by me so quickly....I need wonderful reminders, such as yours.that make me stop and enjoy the moments the good Lord has given us!

Thank you for always sharing your awesome talents!!

dana