Wednesday, March 1, 2017

PAPER PLAYERS 333--Sets of Three

 If you'd never seen this stamp set, I doubt you would ever guess what this whole chicken looks like, especially since I jumbled the parts!

Making this card was much easier than it looks.  First, I stamped the chicken wire, cut it down to a strip, and then mounted it on a slightly larger yellow strip.  Next, I punched through the double strip for the 3 holes that would show the chicken parts.  Then I stamped the chicken parts on squares, taped each one on the back and mounted the finished strip onto the card front with dimensionals.

After stamping the rooster on the front and coloring him in, I added his "call" on a tiny strip of yellow.

For the inside, I stamped the whole bird, colored him in and added the greeting.


Thanks, LeAnne, for making this a fun challenge.  Actually, I didn't even realize this fit the challenge until I looked at it again and saw the three elements:  the circles, the chicken parts and the "reveal"  inside!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Sure does fit the challenge and what a fun way to use this stamp set! It just cracks me up (no pun intended) each time I see it! Especially cute with the blue "hair"! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week, and playing with my sketch!

Claire Broadwater said...

Doris, this is such a cute card! Love the chicken wire panel and the funny little chicks! Such a great take on the sketch! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Bonnie said...

This is such a fun card, Doris!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the chicken wire panel too and the hints of the crazy blue-haired chicken inside through your punched circles make for a fun card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!