Saturday, March 18, 2017


Yesterday, my order of Distress Oxide inks arrived--finally!  I purchased these over a month ago, but had to wait until they became available for shipping.  Today, I felt well enough to play with them.

First I used the smooshing technique on watercolor paper for the butterflies using the 3 colors shown.  For the front of the card, I inked up a background stamp with Broken China (blue) and spritzed it with water for a vivid effect on the kraft panel.  I then mounted the panel on a Very Vanilla card base.

Since I had one more butterfly left, I used it for an Easter card shown here:

Thanks for all your well wishes.  I'm starting to feel better today, so I guess the antibiotic is working.  Just two days ago I thought the cat was meowing next to me, but it turned out to be me wheezing--ugh!  The wheezing is gone, and I'm beginning to have more energy.  So glad to be back in the Tower, even if only for 2 cards!

Thank you for your comments.  I truly cherish every one of them.


Bonnie said...

The DO inks make gorgeous butterflies, Doris! I love the way they color the darker cardstock! Glad you're feeling better!

Kim S said...

It's bad when your illness sounds like a cat!! I haven't ventured into those inks. The butterfly is beautiful but I'm even more taken with how the background looks!