Sunday, May 12, 2013

FATHERS DAY CARD

Here's one of the cards we'll be doing in Mothers Class this week.  I've included some sequins for a modern masculine touch!

Using the leftover squares from last week's window die, I glued diecut letters from the same cs used beneath the Very Vanilla layer.  After taping down four strands of color-coordinated string, I attached the top layer with SU dimensionals.  Then I used two more dimensionals for the square and stamped "awesome" above the strings.

At almost 95, my Dad really IS awesome.  He still lives independently in his own apartment and drives his own car.  We are truly blessed to still have him with us!


TIP:  For tearing papers so that they are somewhat parallel, rip them together, one on top of the other.  Then adjust the length by cutting the top layer across the top edge.  Works every time!

2 comments:

Kim S said...

I love your tearing tip...thank you! The lines of colored twine are a fun touch too!

Bonnie said...

This is a great Father's Day card! Great tip on tearing the paper!