Tuesday, May 28, 2013
First I used the die on dark green cs for the stem and the leaf die on a lighter green. Next I cut the piece that is actually the base hidden beneath the individual blossoms. The die for the blossoms cuts 4 large and 4 small blossoms at a time, both of which were used here. I used three shades of purple and a mixture of both sizes.
To glue the blossoms onto the base, I used Tom Bow Mono glue. Using tweezers, I dipped the bottom center of each blossom into a little dollop of glue on a piece of plastic, bent the petals forward, and put each in place. Once I was happy with the coverage of blossoms on the base, I added white Liquid Pearls in the center of those on top and let everything dry.
Although this sounds tedious, it was really quite simple to do.
For the LOVE letters (no pun intended) I used alphabet dies.
Notice there's no stamping involved here. (The Hydrangea die set is from Impression Obsession HERE.)